The concept of ako is reciprocal. We learn different things from one another all the time. Teachers, students, parents, and our children can all learn from each other.
Ako Wakatipu aims to:
· Create a base population of second language speakers who may be more interested in focusing on cultural aspects embedded in language.
· Speak Maori in certain locations or domains, i.e. home, work, sports grounds.
· Increase the Maori language proficiency levels (Maori language ability) of participants.
· Our approach in delivering Ako is task based learning where the focus is on meaningful use of our Maori language.
We recommend that participants take part in Ako with the people you spend a lot of time i.e. whanau, work mates, sports teams.
To learn more about Ako call our office on 03 442 4052.
WAKA TOI MAORI
We have Space Available Now!
· We provide wall and/ or floor space for artists to display their work.
· Encourage development and sales raising the profile of Maori art and culture.
· Link artists to a retail shop in Murihiku ‘Toi Toi Taonga’.
· Offer free profiling in NKMP ‘Kia Hiwa Ra’ Magazine
Share your thoughts about what you think the picture above is? Is it a watch? A pendant? Is it a painting? A series of different frames?
For information on our Waka Toi service for Maori arts and culture call to make and make appointment on 03 442 4052.